Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Stanley Cup Finals return to National Radio neutrally

Many people remember that Westwood One used to produce the Stanley Cup Finals for NHL Radio. They did so through the 2008 season. Since then fans have only had the option of listening to the finals if they had Sirius XM. This year that will change.

NBC Sports Radio has been granted the rights to the 2016 NHL Stanley Cup Finals. The production will be a completely neutral broadcast. While Mike Emrick, Eddie Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire will continue to call the series on tv, Kenny Albert and Joe Micheletti will call the games for NBC Sports Radio. 

Additionally tuneIN will have the entire series available with both teams local broadcasts being available and the NBC Sports Radio feed. Westwoodonesports.com and nbcsportsradio.com will both carry the NBC Sports Radio broadcast online. 

So welcome back the NHL to the neutral broadcast ranks. 

The Stanley Cup Finals are the second major sporting event that NBC Sports Radio has picked up. The first continues to be the Triple Crown Races. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, everyone. I'm a huge Brazilian sports fan, especially of Brazilian, U.S. and European club soccer, WWE, UFC, Premier Boxing Champions, NFL, MLB, College Football, College Basketball, UEFA competitions. I'm really liking this sports blog but I think you're forgetting many informations of so many other competitions such as CONCACAF, CONMEBOL, FIFA and UEFA soccer, European soccer championships (beyond from the German Bundesliga and English Premier League), such as Spanish La Liga, French Ligue 1 and Italian Serie A, the Ultimate Fighting Championship, the WWE and so many others. It is a sincere request that I'm making, knowing that many more will have information about major sporting events in the world. Thanks and good luck in your career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not forgetting them. However they aren't on major American television, which is why I don't include them. I actually previously included CONCACAF, but I had less than 20 people viewing the post, so I stopped including them. I'm only 1 individual, so it'd also be difficult to include much more when I spend so much time on the collegiate sports. If people are interested, I'm willing to re-add them, but I'll probably wait until next season before I do so, and I likely won't be able to include the commentators.

      Delete